– Healthcare front desk: 2 years (Preferred)
– English and Spanish both fluently (Preferred)
A growing family practice clinic is seeking an experienced Patient Care Coordinator/Receptionist who speaks English and Spanish to work alongside other staff with the same goal of providing the highest level of care to patients. This is a full-time opening for a friendly, patient-focused and detail-oriented person to join our team. Strong candidates would have the desire to grow within the organization and develop skills to eventually take on more responsibilities. This role would also present an opportunity to assist with educational sessions in the community and be an ambassador for the clinic in other community-related events.
Essential Functions: (not an exhaustive list)
– Check patients in and out for appointments.
– Enter all patient demographic and insurance information into the EHR system accurately and efficiently
– Verify patient insurance eligibility and benefits prior to appointments
– Collect any patient cost-share payments.
– Answer phones and schedule patients, or route calls to appropriate staff.
– Distribute all incoming mail and faxes.
– Manage schedules for multiple providers and procedures
– Must be able to learn and effectively use an electronic health record system.
– Effectively manage front office duties while assisting other areas of the office to support and excel in the practice.
– Work well in a team environment and be self-motivated
– Accomplish all assigned tasks in a timely and trustworthy manner with consistent results.
– Attend required training and meetings
– Assist the Billing & Collections Department as needed
– Back-up and assist other staff when busy or short-handed within the scope of positions
– Maintain confidentiality at all times
– Maintain a business professional appearance.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, colleagues, providers, patients, and other visitors
– Consistent excellent attendance and punctuality.
– Perform other duties as assigned within the legal parameters of the position.
– High school diploma or GED
– Current BLS Certification strongly preferred
– 2+ years’ experience in a front desk role at a healthcare practice
– Exceptional customer service skills
– Speaks fluent English and Spanish (bilingual)
– Strong knowledge of the revenue cycle process and the front office role
– Strong understanding of different insurance types including commercial, Medicare & Medicaid plans
– Enjoys working with the public
– Dependable team player
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals on all levels
– Strong understanding of HIPAA
– Problem-solving skills with the ability to make decisive decisions in a time appropriate manner
– Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and internet resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
~ 8-hour shifts
Monday to Friday